Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Embloggery

A fellow classmate mentioned the other day in class, a friend that has combined embroidery and blogging and named it "Embloggery." I thought this sounded really amazing and highlights Minahan's focus on the combination of knitting (in this case embroidery) and technology. When I searched for her I found an article on Craftzine.com showcasing her blog. Here is the link for that article. Her name is Nicole and she describes her project as: "Embloggery is a blog in which each post is hand-embroidered, freehand, with no prior planning or sketching. If you mouse over the images you will discover links hidden within the text which point to clues as to the post's meaning -- or sometimes completely change it. I revel in making each post a puzzle." This was taken right from her blog under About this project.

Check out her really interesting blog here: Embloggery

I'm using Nicole as one of my blog entries because I think this is exactly what the world needs... more females using technology to be creative and promote a positive image of gender and technology. If I had the ability to embroider and then connect it with blogging and attaching links to the images.... well I probably would have never thought of that but I'm glad someone has. I wonder if there are more and more females like Nicole coming up with creative connections between crafts and technology then will the number of females in technology eventually even out to the number of males? Anyone psychic? I would love to know this answer.


The image was taken from Nicole's March 3, 2009 blog post and is showing all the embloggeries she has done so far. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole is an amazing artist, and has done some really fascinating art that always seems to blend together the traditional and the technological in really interesting ways. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search